It is said that there are two things a person can’t escape – death and taxes. Well, it’s tax time again, which is probably a good time to consider your personal finances. Are there areas with which you are struggling? Do you have questions about planning for your retirement? Are you worried about getting out of debt or improving your credit? Maybe you’re concerned about rising gas prices and looking for ways to cut back in other areas. Well, you won’t want to miss Money Smart Week! The Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago and the American Library Association host a week at the end of April to focus on financial planning. The Azle Memorial Library is joining with them this year and partnering with several local business and organizations to bring you a series of financial workshops taught by experts. All events are free and will take place in the Library Community Room. The complete schedule is below:
- Extreme Couponing – Monday, April 23, 2012 @ 5:00 p.m.
- Protect Yourself Against Identity Theft – Tuesday, April 24, 2012 @ 1:30 p.m.
- Retirement Planning & Living – Wednesday, April 25, 2012 @ 1:00 p.m.
- Teen Duct Tape Craft: Stick It to the Man – Thursday, April 26, 2012 @ 4:30 p.m.
- Debt Management & Retirement Planning – Thursday, April 26, 2012 @ 6:30 p.m.
- Improve Your Credit – Friday, April 27, 2012 @ 4:00 p.m.